Friday, February 26, 2010

WESTWAY - Trail 44 - TO OPEN TOMORROW

Well folks, it's that time of year. Or, that time of decade. Or whatever the word is for half a century (if I wanted to sound smart I guess I'd look it up)...

We're opening Westway (otherwise known as "Trail 44") tomorrow. Actually, we might open it today, to be honest. But it's 1:30, and the West Side just opened, so no guarantees. Tomorrow IS a guarantee, though... 44 will be open!! Mother Nature has given us 65" of snow so far, and now we're giving you Westway.

That's all I've got for now. Our snowcats are gr-- I mean, plowing-- the parking lots. It's snowing like crazy. Still. I would expect at least another few inches, but our power & our internet are holding up, and we've got stuff running today. We've got a lot of people who braved the drive to come up today... from what I've heard, there is 0 snow at the bottom of the mountain. That's how weird this storm has been.

We hope to see you this weekend! Tomorrow is going to be GREAT!

2 comments:

Ling said...

awwwwwwsome. I hope it holds up for the rest of the season.

Unknown said...

This is ridiculous!! You guys are saying you got 68" of fresh snow and havent opened up yet?

Soo, your saying first tracks are tomorrow? I mean i understand if you guys already hit it, but for us weekend warriors....tomorrow is the day?!?!?

Is this a blessing or what??!