Friday, November 16, 2007

Snowmaking Update: It Has Begun!

Snowmaking has officially started, with more to come! The snowmakers are currently running lines and setting up guns, so anyone in the area, take a look for the lights, or listen for the compressors later tonight!! Check back later in the day for some more photos!

As far as the forecast, nighttime lows are hovering around snowmaking temperatures, with daytime highs in the mid-30's. The resort's opening is still slated for sometime next week...more details soon! Leave a question, comment, or shoot me an e-mail and I'll answer whatever questions I can!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like they started on Hellgate! WOOHOO! And it's snowing now too!

Jessica said...

Yep, it is.

Can you shoot me an e-mail so I have your address? jpezak@huntermtn.com

Thanks!

Unknown said...

What trails are they going to blow on for opening day.

Jessica said...

I heard originally that it's going to be F to top, so mainline Hellgate/Midstation, but I can't confirm. I call snowmaking again at 5pm tonight, so I'll pass on any new information I can get.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, any chance we can get some pics today?

Jessica said...

Steve and I will take some by the end of the work day today.

Unknown said...

Finally, now get the cam up!Powderhound cam will be up Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Can you tell us where the 3 web cams will be located?

Lord Gnarrington said...

do they normally have the halfpipe and/or terrain park ready by mid-december?

Jessica said...

Yes, we open the terrain park by then. There is a rail jam on Thanksgiving weekend though.

There will be a web cam at the bottom, and then one at the top, probably by the quad.