Sunday, December 16, 2007

Storm Update: Sunday Afternoon

Hello everyone, and thanks to those of you who came out to ski or ride this weekend! As many of you know, the quad as been up and running all weekend and we are glad we could fix it in time for everyone.

For those of you who didn't come up (and those of you who did), I wanted to give everyone an update on this storm. There was a lot of "freezing rain" and "rain" forecasted for the area, and we have been watching the snow/sleet mix all day, which, as imagined, has created really nice powder conditions on the mountain.

There has been no wet moisture and temps haven't dropped below 28. Around 5pm today, the sleet is supposed to switch to snow, which allows for another powder day or two early this week. We've been super lucky with the storm as far as conditions are concerned and sometimes the forecasts can differ from what's really happening....so there's the real deal!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update. I thought the mountain was closed for Sunday. Any danger of that rain/sleet creating icy conditions on the mountain by tomorrow?

Jessica said...

I doubt it. Right now it's snowing. The roads aren't great, parking lots are worse, but the conditions should be fine.

Anonymous said...

Jessica, do you have an accumulation total from this weekend? Who is the person doing conditions and weather on the phone the majority of the time? Very factual, but could give things a little more hype, we need to get inspired!!

Jessica said...

That voice would be mine. I am usually in an enormous hurry, which is why it is super fast and not so animated...I'll work on it!

If you want to hear some really amusing stuff, listen to the Podcast. That is me, being a total idiot.

Born to Ski said...

Jessica,

Do you know when they plan to make snow on the Highlands so the Race kids have a safe place to train?

Thanks...

Jessica said...

I am honestly not sure what the plan is for Highlands this year. I haven't heard anything about it. As soon as I hear something, I will definitely post it.

laz167 said...

Hello, I would like to know which trails I can use with long runs that do not have much incline for smoth pace riding..thnks